- Information Collection
- Information Sharing and Use
- Information about Worx1 Websites and Applications
- Your Access To and Control over Information
- Reviewing Your Information
- What is Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Changes to This Statement
Effective Date 3/15/2021
Worx1 HR (‘Worx1’) appreciates the trust you place in us and is committed to protecting your nonpublic personal information (‘personal information’) and respecting your privacy. We value you as a customer.
The following notice has been provided to inform you about any personal information we collect or obtain, and how it will be processed by us.
Worx1 may obtain non-public personal information, such as name, address, date of birth, driver license number, telephone number, family status, personal assets or income, driving record, previous insurance and claims experienced, as well as general underwriting information concerning risk exposure, policy coverages and premiums, in order to provide professional services to you. The collection process is essential to the virtual solutions services we provide. We collect personal information about you from different sources, including:
- The information you provide on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, and date of birth.
- Your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as your payment history and claims information.
- The information we receive from a consumer reporting agency or insurance support organization, such as your credit history, driving record, or claims history.
- Information automatically captured in our server log files, web analytics software, and information such as IP address, devices used to access our sites and applications, and referring/exit pages.
Consent to collect may be express and implied. Express consent is explicit and obtained through verbal or written means. Implied consent is inferred when the purpose for which personal information is collected is obvious by the very nature of the transaction.
Information Sharing and Use
We only disclose personal information about our customers and former customers as permitted by law. Generally, this includes disclosures to third parties to effect, administer, or enforce, your transactions with us, or in connection with servicing your virtual solution services policy. These third parties may include independent insurance producers, independent contractors, such as automobile repair facilities and property inspectors, independent claims representatives, insurance support organizations, auditors, attorneys, courts, and government agencies. We may also disclose your personal information to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. Before disclosing your personal information, we require these parties to enter into an agreement with us that includes a confidentiality provision.
We may also collect and process information from you for the following purposes.
- Understanding your insurance needs and determining the best product/carrier fit.
- Determining other products and services you may be interested in, and contacting you by mail, email, text, telephone, or other means, about these products and services.
- Analyzing and processing insurance applications and underwriting policies.
- Evaluating and investigating claims.
- Defending legal claims made against our clients.
- Detecting, investigating, or preventing illegal activity, including fraud and money laundering.
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements, such as those relating to anti-money laundering sanctions and anti-terrorism, as well complying with our internal policies and procedures.
- Providing information about upgrades to coverage, and additional products and services.
- Information may be shared with our data partners for research and analysis purposes, to facilitate Worx1’ development of new products, customer profiles, and improved, targeted marketing efforts.
- Managing of our IT environment and business operations, including ensuring security of the IT environment.
- Achieving other legitimate business purposes, for example, to carry out research and analysis, including analysis of our customer base and other individuals whose personal information we collect, develop new products, improve Worx1’ services, and to plan and execute business transactions, including joint ventures and business sales.
We may also share information about our transactions, such as payment history and products purchased, and experiences, such as claims made with you, within our Worx1 family of companies, and carriers. Worx1 does not sell your personal information to others, and we do not provide your information to third parties, outside of your chosen carriers for their own marketing purposes. Worx1 may use personal information in order to offer other services and products, available through Worx1, its carriers, or its affiliates.
Information about Worx1 Websites and Applications
The following provisions apply to your use of our website, worx1hr.com, and to your use of the Worx1 app for Apple IOS or Android OS (our ‘App’).
We collect personal information, for example, name, address, e-mail address, on our website and through the App, only when you voluntarily provide it to us. The web analytics services Worx1 uses anonymously and automatically record the date and time you access our web sites and applications, your location, if enabled on your Apple iOS device or web browser, and the Internet Protocol IP address of the website from where you came, if any. It may also track the pages you viewed on, or pages or functions you accessed from, our website or our App. These statistics help us to better understand how our website and our App are being used, and what we can do to make them more useful to visitors and users. The information that we collect is used to improve the content of our website and our App, and to improve our service to you and other customers.
This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to collect information about how you interact with our website and allow us to remember you. We use this information in order to improve and customize your browsing experience, and for analytics and metrics about our visitors, both on this website and other media.
Information Sharing and Use
Worx1 does not sell information about you to others. If you only browse our website or use our App, and do not supply any information, you will not receive unsolicited e-mail, telephone calls, or other marketing materials from Worx1, as a result of your visit.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit information, via the website or to our sales agents, your information is protected, both online and offline. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, to protect your personal information. Our employees are authorized to access customer information only for legitimate business purposes.
Physical security is maintained over paper files, and data security over digital files. Access is granted only to those who require it for authorized purposes. In addition, Worx1 takes reasonable steps to maintain the accuracy of all information it uses or discloses.
We will not send you an email asking for your personally identifiable information. If you receive such an email, do not respond. We will never request that you provide your password, credit card information, or username, via email
Your Access to and Control over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time, by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Reviewing Your Information
You can request a copy of the information about you that we have in our files, to review it for completeness and accuracy. Your request must be in writing, and must provide satisfactory identification and proof of entitlement. A reasonable charge may be made for providing requested information. Please contact the Worx1 corporate office or your local branch office for a mailing address. Within 30 business days, or as required by law, of receiving your written request, we will send you the information. Consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information can be withdrawn, by notice in writing to the address obtained above.
What is Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Personally Identifiable Information, or PII, means information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, either alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information, that is linked, or linkable, to a specific individual. Some information that is considered to be PII is available in public sources, such as telephone books, public websites, and university listings. This type of information is considered to be Public PII, and includes, for example, first and last name, address, work telephone number, email address, home telephone number, and general educational credentials. The definition of PII is not anchored to any single category of information or technology. Rather it requires a case-by-case assessment of the specific risk that an individual can be identified. Non-PII can become PII whenever additional information is made publicly available, in any medium, and from any source that, when combined with other available information, could be used to identify an individual. Source: Cornell Law School Code of Federal Regulations 20049.
Changes to This Statement
Please be aware that we may periodically update or revise this Statement. Please check our Consumer Privacy Statement frequently for changes.